Lasers in endodontics as the first course of its kind, allows all doctors interested in modern, effective and predictable endodontics, in addition to traditional methods, to include in their range of services treatment using the latest lasers technologies.
The purpose of the meeting is to implement new procedures, broaden theoretical knowledge and raise the level of practical skills.
The training considers the latest methods and possibilities to minimise the occurrence of complications associated with endodontic treatment and introduces the participants to the world of laser endodontics step by step, starting from diagnostics, through efficient preparation and disinfection of the root canal system using different types of lasers.
The workshop part allows consolidating the acquired theoretical knowledge thanks to practical exercises using the most modern methods, tools and devices currently used during root canal treatment. All treatments are carried out using microscopes and diode and erbium lasers to show modern endodontics’ possibilities.
Marta Maciak, PhD, DDS
Graduated from the Medical University of Bialystok. In 2007 she achieved the specialisation in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics. In the years 2004-2009, she worked as an assistant in the Department of Conservative Dentistry of the Medical University in Białystok, and in 2009 she obtained the title of doctor of philosophy in medical sciences in dermatology. In 2019, she received the title of Aesthetic Medicine Specialist, Certificate of International Fellowship Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD) and Professional Diploma in Advanced Laser Dentistry (BAIRD)
She is a chairperson of the Academy of Laser Dentistry Study Club Poland and AMEERIA Poland (American Aesthetic Association), a member of the Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD), AMEERIA and PTMEIAA.
A member of the scientific council of PREVENTION and SJCMDS (South-Asian Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery).
In addition, she is the author of numerous publications. Since 2005 she has been giving lectures and practical trainings for dentists in Poland and abroad in the field of endodontics, aesthetic and laser dentistry.
Both as a participant and lecturer she has attended many workshops and postgraduate conferences on aesthetic dentistry, prosthetics, implantology and periodontology, maxillofacial surgery, as well as aesthetic medicine and cosmetology. She performs endodontic procedures to a very high standard using a microscope, the latest rotary instruments, SAF and lasers, in accordance with the principles of evidence-based dentistry (EBD).
She has extensive clinical experience in the use of lasers in diagnostics, root canal treatment, periodontics and surgery and aesthetic medicine.
9.00 – 10.30 – Introduction
- RTG, RVG, CBCT in endodontics
- Acute pains in endodontics – how to deal with them quickly and effectively
- Rubber dam – a trend or a necessity
- Magnification and its advantages
- Physics of lasers and basic safety rules in the office
10.30 – 10.45 – coffee break
10.45 – 13.00 – Preparation and obturation
- Dental chamber preparation and the perfect access to the root canals
- Manual and mechanical root canal preparation – selection of appropriate tools (comparison of different endodontic tool systems)
- Root canal irrigation – sequence and methods in a modern approach
- Advantages and disadvantages of using lasers in endodontics
- LAI – laser-activated irrigation
- PIPS i SWEEPS – laser irrigation and disinfection
- PAD – light-activated disinfection
- Bioactive materials in endodontics
- Root canal filling. 3D obturation – is it possible
13.00 – 14.00 lunch
14.00-18.00 – Workshop:
- Participants are asked to bring a tooth with an opened chamber.
- Hands-on will be carried out using a rubber dam, microscopes and various endodontic files.
- Participants will use diode and erbium lasers.
- Rubber dam – work on phantoms
- Chamber preparation (final) with lasers
- Preparation of the canals with various rotaries systems
- Use of lasers in endodontics – PAD, LAI, PIPS
- Filling the root canals after applying lasers
Approx. 18.00 end of the workshop, certificate distribution